Benefits Scheme Continued Life Cover (Retired Members)

The Continued Life Cover Scheme is a version of the Benefits Scheme for retired members which can be continued with when you retire...

We are pleased to advise renewal of the PFNI Benefits Scheme Continued Life Cover on 1st March 2018 with new added benefits and a minimal price increase. In addition to your previous cover we have enhanced the travel insurance with NEW STRANDED PASSENGER BENEFIT and CAR HIRE COLLISION WAIVER DAMAGE. The Benefits Scheme Continued Life Cover is now opened for joining all year round (previously only in March of each year).

Life Insurance

Life insurance paid to your nominated beneficiary/beneficiaries in the event of your death. The benefit amount paid is dependent on your age at the time of your death. Death from any cause before you are aged 60 is £50,000.00. The Benefit reduces to £25,000.00 if you are between the age of 60 and 65 and £5,000.00 if you are between the age of 65 and 70. Cover ceases on your 70th birthday.

Family Worldwide Travel Insurance

Cover extends to spouse and resident children up to age 21 (if in FTE) for holidays up to 30 days at one time. All travelers are subject to the policy’s Health Warranty. New benefits to the policy include the 360 Assistance website, Stranded Passenger Benefit and Hire Car Collision Damage Waiver Excess. Upper age limit for travel insurance is age 65 and cover ceases from a travelers 65th birthday.

Stranded Passenger Benefit (NEW)

As one of our policyholders, you have access to a network of more than 800 executive lounges at airports around the world and can be kept up to date on. To avail of this benefit, you must register your holiday including flights and passengers on the Secure Document Vault up to 24hrs before departure (sign into the members area to access the URL link).  If your flight is delayed by more than 2 hours, we automatically send an access code to your mobile so you can take advantage of the facilities, with our compliments, whilst you wait.

360 Assistance (NEW)

Wherever you’re heading, our 360 Assistance service gives you current, country by country information online. Travel safely with online access to global medical, political and security information including vaccination, contact details for consulates & medical facilities and other useful information. You can stay informed with e-mail alerts, helping you avoid nasty surprises that may disrupt your plans. What’s more, our support team is on hand 24/7 if you need more help.

Hire Car Collision Damage Waiver Excess (NEW)

The reimbursement of the accident damage excess applied to your car hire insurance if the insured vehicle is damaged or involved in an accident during the rental period; and the cost of replacing rental car keys if these are lost, stolen or damaged during the rental period, this includes where necessary the costs to replace locks or for a locksmith to break into the insured vehicle.

Terminal Prognosis Benefit

20% of the Life Insurance Benefit can be advanced to you, if you are diagnosed with an illness where their prognosis is less than 12 months. The remaining 80% will be paid on death.