As member of the Continued Life Cover Scheme, you are eligible to insure the life of your spouse or cohabiting partner. We are pleased to advise renewal of the Spouses Scheme to complement the Continued Life Cover Scheme with a minimal price increase. Providing you are a member of the Continued Life Cover Scheme the Spouses Scheme is now opened for joining all year round (previously only in March of each year).
Life insurance paid to you the retired member in the event of the death of your insured Spouse/Partner. The benefit amount paid is dependent on the age of you the retired member at the time of your spouse/partners death. Death from any cause of a spouse before you the retired member is aged 60 is £25,000.00. The Benefit reduces to £12,500.00 if you the retired member is between the age of 60 and 65 and £2,500.00 if you the retired member is between the age of 65 and 70. Cover ceases on you the retired member’s 70th birthday
Terminal Prognosis Benefit
20% of the Life Insurance Benefit can be advanced to you, if your Spouse/Partner is diagnosed with an illness where their prognosis is less than 12 months. The remaining 80% will be paid to you on their death.
How to Apply
You can apply by downloading the application form by logging into the members section, requesting it by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling the office on 028 9076 4200 Option 2.